A backpack, belt bag and a camera bag; my typical travel pack during long backpacking trips (my life for months all set within). Sometimes, I tend to focus more on my luggage rather than enjoying the journey just because I’m too preoccupied regarding the safety of my stuff. Wouldn’t it be more fun if I don’t worry that much? The good news is that there’s a company that answers to the needs of every traveler in terms of safety. Pacsafe is the only travel brand that combines practicality, beauty and safety into its travel gear for over eighteen years now. And they just opened their first ever stand-alone store in the world at Glorietta 5 in Makati City, Philippines. Isn’t that great news?
|Lovin' my Metrosafe 150 G II body sling bag :)|
|One of the anti-theft features|
|Outsmart identity thieves|
Pacsafe is the leading and only brand that incorporates safety patented features on their bags whether it’s for leisure, travel or everyday use; different lines dedicated for adventure-seekers, urban-dwellers and leisure-lovers. Aside from being trendy and fun, these bags and accessories have all the safety features they have been known for.
Pacsafe, after years of study, formulated a holistic way of ensuring safety set on all their products. They have key security features in their bags such as;
- 360˚eXomesh® locking system that is certified slash resistant
- Roorbar™ locking system to prevent pickpockets
- Carrysafe® slashguard straps that prevents bag slashers from slicing through the gear
- Interlocking zip pullers that uniquely slide on top of one another
- Puncture resistant ToughZip that helps prevent pickpocket pilfering
- Smart zipper security that discreetly secure hooks
- eXomesh® slashguards that are built into the most vulnerable areas of the bag
- Stainless steel locking cable that lets you lock your bag to a secure fixture
- RFIDsafe™ blocking pockets and material that prevents identity theft
- Turn & lock security hooks that has special turning mechanism which locks the hook in to place
- Lockabout™ security clip that offers three level of security in zip pullers
- Dual release security buckles that allows you to attach your bag to a secure fixture
With all these features, traveling can be stress-free and you get to enjoy the journey more.
We were invited to the launch of Pacsafe’s flagship store of in the Philippines (and the world) at Glorietta 5 in Makati City. It was a fun day as travelers unite in celebrating the initiative on traveling safely.
We were so honored that one of the founders, Magnus McGlashan, graced the event and shared their humble beginnings and their inspiration on creating a brand that would ensure the safety of your home away from home, your luggage. The logo that shows a tortoise with lock feature generally encompasses the vision of the brand.
After years of perfecting safety features for travel gear, the company gives back to the community by supporting sea turtle conservation projects around the world (being true to their logo and brand). Their chosen beneficiary for the occasion was the Bataan Pawikan Conservation Center in Morong, which was given a grant to contribute to the development of the center. It was last year in November when I visited Bataan including the said center and I truly admire the dedication of all its frontrunners. I’m sure that the donation will go a long way.
Aside from the fact that Pacsafe is the only travel gear that championed the campaign for safety travel, it is very inspiring to learn that they do their share in the advocacy of protecting the environment. Let’s travel safe and enjoy more.
G/F Glorietta 5, Ayala Mall,
Makati City, Philippines